Sunday, June 04, 2006

Wading Through

At the moment I'm just wading through the days, counting them down until I am on vacation.

Vacation time will mean more knitting time, which is sadly lacking at the moment.

There has been a wee bit of knitting, but no new pictures this week. I am one repeat further on the Branching Out scarf and I've cast on a new pair of socks (really, why finish a pair of socks when you can cast on for a new pair?) using Socks that Rock in Queen Rock. I love this yarn. This is probably a good thing since I am a member of their sock club.

I've also joined a new Knit-A-Long called the Summer of Stash. According to the SOS guidelines, I cannot purchase new yarn from Memorial Day until Labor Day. So far I am doing fine with this. We are allowed two exceptions, and I've chosen to save both of my exceptions for a rainy day. I'm hoping I'll make it through the whole summer without needing to use either, but I admit I like knowing they are there.

I'm hoping this new KAL will help me to focus on current projects rather than new ones. I would really like to have more finished items than I do right now.

Of course, I can't imagine having an entire post with no pictures, so here is a picture of a surprise that I wasn't able to show before.


I made this scarf for my sister Samantha.


The pattern is Ruffles from the book Scarf Style. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb in colorway Black Purl, which is 50% wool & 50% silk. I like it so much I'm probably going to make myself one at some point.

Here's a closeup:



Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

I love that scarf. Gorgeous colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home