Saturday, May 27, 2006

When pattern and yarn collide.

The very last place I purchased yarn from (yes, I'm going out of order here) was Spirit Trail Fiberworks. I saw some yarn there that I really just loved. Unfortunately I had already reached the end of my budget.

Note: that didn't stop me. ;)

I ended up going back at the end of the day to get the yarn. It's two beautiful skeins of 50% silk/50% wool. The item number is SI-06-05-03. I absolutely love it. I was originally thinking it would be a good amount for socks. But this yarn, for socks? Nope.

I've been interested in the Knitty pattern Branching Out for a while. But I really didn't feel like I had the right yarn for it. Now I do. :) So far I'm very pleased with it. I have no idea what my gauge is, but I'm knitting on size US 7 needles. I actually did this bit a couple weeks ago, but I hope to work on it a little bit this week as well.

The yarn:



The beginning of the pattern - two repeats in:




Happy Knitting!

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

The colors are gorgeous. That's going to be really pretty

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. I love what they do there. That pattern does show off the yarn nicely--usually varigated + lace gets a little conflicty for me. This doesn't. :) Very nice.

--Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home