Sunday, May 21, 2006

Maryland Sheep and Wool 2006, Part 1

First, I want to say hi to the new folks who have been stopping by and commenting. Welcome! I enjoy reading your comments and I hope you'll continue to enjoy this blog.

Second, there has been very little knitting here over the past couple weeks and by very little, I mean almost none.

Luckily, I attended Maryland Sheep and Wool for the first time this year and that will keep the blog going with some posts for a while.

Maryland Sheep and Wool was absolutely amazing and I'm going to spend a number of posts on it, since it was my first visit. It was partly so amazing because I was able to spend time with a really good friend who I haven't seen in far too long. :)

The first booth I actually spent some serious time in was Journey Wheel. Now, I had arrived with a plan, thanks in large part to Theresa, Melanie, and a certain MDS$W User Guide posted last year by Claudia.

I heard lots of good things about their spindles. Sheila Bosworth was so kind and helpful and even gave me a bit of an impromptu spinning lesson while I was there. I tried a number of spindles and settled on a 1.75 oz with a Morado Top Whorl. It's simply beautiful and spins very well.




And a closeup of the gorgeous Morado wood:




I recommended their spindles to a friend and she ended up getting the same type of spindle in tulipwood, the next day.

In the next installment, I'll post about the fiber I also bought on Saturday.

Until then, happy knitting!

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

That's a beautiful spindle! Any of the Bossies are wonderful! Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home