Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring Ahead

Today is one of my least favorite days of the year. I do love daylight savings time. I love having more of that precious light in the afternoons and early evenings. However, for the first week or two after losing that hour today, I will probably feel like I am sleepwalking through my life. So I'm hoping to avoid too much exhaustion by going to bed every night no later than 9pm. We'll see how long that lasts.

We were away this weekend visiting family. :) After a tiring drive home today (again, I feel that pesky lost hour is to blame) we arrived to find this waiting for us.






I think Spring officially arrived while we were gone. Isn't it beautiful? I took this picture approximately five minutes after we got home.




While we were away, I did a little bit of knitting. So without further ado, I have progress pictures for the 1st Crusoe sock.









The heel is turned and the gusset is finished. I'm making my way towards the toe at this point and I expect to finish it sometime this week. I plan to cast on almost immediately for the second sock to avoid the dreaded SSS (Second Sock Syndrome). And a close up of the gusset...






I also worked a bit on a cashmere scarf that I started almost a month ago. I just work on a little bit here and there, partly to give my wrists a break from those little sock needles. Here is a view of the pattern, it's a skinny scarf which unfortunately seems to mean that it's curling quite alot. I'm hoping that blocking the scarf will take care of that.









This is being knitted from Classic Elite Lavish, which I got on sale! I really like the powdery blue color of the yarn.

Happy Knitting and Happy Spring!

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

mmmmm cashmere.

Those socks are cute, actually. I'm tempted to try the broadripple ones myself but maybe I'll try those too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home