Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sockapaloooza Update

I've worked a bit on my sockapaloooza socks. I'm using the Crusoe sock pattern from Knitty.

I'm not terribly far yet, but I'll be starting the heel flap in a bit. (Actually, I already started the heel flap, but began it with the wrong number of stitches so now I have to finish ripping back the heel flap and reknit.)

I've made some slight pattern modifications, like casting on with more stitches than the pattern calls for.

The pattern took a bit of getting used to, but I like the way it's looking now. :) Here you have two pictures, the first showing the progress and the ball of yarn, the second a closeup of the progress so far.







I've realized this will only be my second fully completed pair of socks, once I'm finished, so I'm a little nervous about whether they will look good and whether they will really fit well. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

What yarn is that? :)

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

They're looking great, I love that pattern!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger jennifer said...

Sarah - It's Koigu KPPPM. Their colorways often go by more than one number, so it's a little confusing. The color for this is either P145, or #5947. I got this particular yarn from Knit Happens.

Carrie - Thanks! I'm really enjoying the pattern now. :) I'll post another picture soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home